Promote the well being of small farmers through provision of interest free and easy access to financing Reduce the cost of production for these marginalized farmers Increase the outreach of formal and digital financial services to ensure financial inclusion
Major Objectives of the Project:
- To reach out to the low-income groups of people living in Gilgit Baltistan and support them with interest free loans enabling them to earn their livelihoods.
- To help improve the socio-economic conditions of the target segment of the society through financial and social inclusion.
- To promote self-employment.
Salient Features of Project:
- First ever interest free loans project in Gilgit Baltistan.
- Loan size ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 75,000.
- Loans are given for businesses and setting small enterprise only.
- Loans are disbursed in mosques/church/religious places to ensure transparency and participation.
- There is no mark-up, interest and service charges on these loans.
- Skilled persons of Rupani Foundation, Beedar, KADO, NAVTEC will be preferred.
- Loans are given after due scrutiny and appraisal according to an eligibility criterion on first come first serve basis.
- This is the largest interest free small loans scheme in Gilgit Baltistan jointly ventured by a government agency and a civil society organization.
- Applicant should not be convicted of any criminal offence in lieu of which proceedings are in progress. However, nature and severity of the offense should be considered.
- Applicant should be healthy and it shall be ascertained that the applicant is not suffering from any fatal disease.
- Loans shall be sanctioned on first come first serve basis.
- Akhuwat Islamic Microfinance shall follow graduation model in disbursement of loans.
- Applicant should have valid CNIC.
- Applicant should be economically active.
- Applicant should be of maximum age of 60 years
- Applicant should have good social and moral character in his community.
- Applicant should not be willful defaulter of any other Microfinance institution.
- Applicant should not have any active loan with Akhuwat Islamic Microfinance by himself or by any other family member who are being shared combined kitchen.
Progress Report (30th June 2019)
|Total Benefiting Families
|Total loans disbursed – Males
|Total loans disbursed – Females
|Amount Disbursed PKR