BRITISH ASIAN TRUST
Women’s Economic Empowerment project initiated with the collaboration of British Asian Trust funded by DFID-UK. Under this project both partners agreed to advance interest free loans to economically active women in Karachi and rural area of Sindh & Punjab initially with the revolving fund of PKR 47.75 Million.
Major Objectives of the Project:
- Women’s Economic Empowerment.
- Empowering Women through increased access to financial services and financial literacy.
- Enable economically active women to successfully set up and run small scale enterprises.
- Empowering women through increased control over economic resources and decision making at household level.
- To encourage self-employment.
Salient Features of Project:
- Interest free loan facility is restricted only for women having involvement in any newly or already established small scale business enterprise alone/in partnership with someone.
- Average loan size is maximum up to Rs. 25,000.
- Loans are disbursed in mosques/church to ensure transparency and participation.
- There is no mark-up or interest on these loans.
- Loans are given after due scrutiny and appraisal according to an eligibility criterion, on first come first serve basis.
- Applicant must be a woman.
- Applicant having the ability to run / initiate business activity alone/in partnership with someone.
- Having age between 18- 60 years.
- Applicant should have valid CNIC.
- Applicant should be economically active.
- Applicant should not be convicted of any criminal offence in lieu of which proceeding are in progress.
- Applicant should have good social and moral character in his community.
- Applicant should have capacity to provide two guarantors other than family members.
|PROJECT(BAT) PROGRESS REPORT AKHUWAT ISLAMIC MICRO FINANCE (SINDH) FMO Nov 30,2019
|Total Benefiting Families
|Total loans disbursed – Males
|Total loans disbursed – Females
|Amount Disbursed PKR
|Outstanding Loan Portfolio PKR