Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC) Govt. of Punjab intends to initiate an interest free loan scheme titled “Chief Minister’s Self Employment Scheme”. Under this scheme, the corporation intends to advance interest free loans initially with the revolving funds of PKR. 12.00 billion. The corporation intends to hire the services of authorized and well reputed Non-Profit/Non-Commercial Microfinance institution as service provider organization (SPO) for disbursement and recovery of interest free loans in the province of Punjab.
Akhuwat Islamic Microfinance (AIM) is willing to provides its services for “Chief Minister’s Self Employment Scheme” for supporting needy and prospective entrepreneurs, to start-up businesses and existing businesses which need capital to grow further, and will range from amount PKR 10,000 to 50,000.
- To reach out to the low-income people in Punjab to earn their livelihoods.
- To help improve the socio-economic conditions of the target segment of the society through financial inclusion social inclusion.
- To encourage self-employment.
- First ever interest free loans project on such scale.
- Loan size ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 50,000.
- Loans are given for businesses and setting small enterprises only.
- Loans are disbursed in mosques/churches to ensure transparency and participation.
- There is no mark-up or interest on these loans.
- Loans are given after due scrutiny and appraisal according to an eligibility criterion, on first come first serve basis.
- This is the largest interest-free small loans scheme in Pakistan jointly ventured by a Government agency and a civil society organization.
- The applicant has the ability to run/initiate business activity.
- Having age between 18- 62 years.
- Applicant should have valid CNIC.
- Having the ability to run initiate business activity having age between 18-62 years.
- Applicants should be economically active.
- Applicant should not be convicted of any criminal offense in lieu of which proceedings are in progress.
- Applicant should have a good social and moral character in his community.
- Applicant should have the capacity to provide two guarantors other than family members