Punjab Social Protection Authority (PSPA) Govt. of the Punjab has taken remarkable initiative to launch an interest free loan scheme titled “Graduation and Income Generation Scheme for People with Disabilities (PWD’s) in Punjab”. Under this scheme, the PSPA decided to advance interest free loans to persons with disabilities throughout the Punjab province.
For this initiative first agreement had been signed between PSPA and Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC) for selection of microfinance institution and monitoring the scheme on behalf of the PSPA. Akhuwat Islamic Microfinance (AIM) was selected through Punjab Procurement Rules by PSIC to implement this scheme. In this regard another service agreement was signed on 21st August, 2017 between PSIC and AIM for interest free loans to PWD’s to start-up businesses and existing businesses which need capital to grow further.
Major Objectives of the Project:
- To reach out to the lowest-income disabled people in Punjab to enhance their access to credit.
- To protect the socio-economic rights of the target segment of the society through their social inclusion.
- To encourage self-employment.
- To encourage skill building of the PWDs
Salient Features of Project:
- First ever interest free loans project for people with disabilities on such scale.
- Maximum Loan limit: PKR 50,000
- Repayment period from borrowers: up to 18 months
- Loans are given after due scrutiny and appraisal according to an eligibility criterion.
- Mode of repayment of interest free loan: on monthly basis
- Interest rate to be charged from borrowers: 0%
- Loan application fee: Nil
- Contributory fund for the re-payment of loan in case of death or Permanent disability of borrower: @1% (Optional) of loan amount and it will be paid by the borrower.
- PWDs holding Khidmat Card, having good business plan and willing to undergo 3-4 weeks training/orientation in a formal or informal setting; or
- All PWDs, certified from an authorized Medical Board and have obtained training from any Public/Private Technical or Vocational Training Institute in Punjab; or
- All PWDs having the ability to run / initiate business activity
- Loans shall be sanctioned on first come first serve basis.
- Akhuwat Islamic Microfinance shall follow graduation model in disbursement of loans.
- Applicant should have valid CNIC.
- Applicant should be economically active.
- Applicant should have age between 18-60 years.
- Applicant should have a good social and moral character in his community.
- Applicant should not be defaulter of any other microfinance institution, Bank & NGO.
- Applicant should not have any active loan with Akhuwat Islamic Microfinance by himself or by any other family member who are being shared combined kitchen.
Progress Report (30th June 2019)
Total Benefiting Families
Total loans disbursed – Males
Total loans disbursed – Females
Amount Disbursed PKR